It’s that time of year. The sun is blazing, temperatures are high and you are headed to Happiest Place on Earth. I’ve got some great tips to keep you as cool as possible while visiting the parks.
- Stay hydrated – Water, water, water. Yes pack a water bottle or a thermos so you can refill throughout the day. Disneyland does offer free iced water at all quick service locations.
2) Disney Style – This is the time to sport that favorite Disney hat of yours. I would skip on the ears for now. A cute Disney themed hat will help keep the sun out of your face and keep you from getting a sunburn. While we are talking about sunburns don’t forget to lather on that sunscreen. As cute as Sebastian from the Little Mermaid is I don’t think you want to look like him 🙂
3) Cooling towels – They’re a great way to keep cool. Disneyland has some really cute ones you can find throughout the parks. They’re washable and reuseable too so you’ll get lots of use from them.
4) Pack a handheld fan – these are great when you are standing in line waiting for your next ride in that summer heat. They sell fans such as the one picture below throughout the parks. I purchased a small one at Walmart for only $3.00. Nothing fancy but it works great 🙂
5) Catch some indoor shows and attractions –
Here are some great ones:
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- Main Street Cinema
- The Golden Horseshoe
- Tomorrowland Theater
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Splash Mountain
- Space Mountain
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
In Disney California Adventure:
Basically anything and everything in the Animation Building
- Turtle Talk with Crush, Animation Academy, Sorcerers workshop, Meet and Greet with Anna and Elsa, , and the magical movie room.
- Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood land. You can catch a short from Pixar.
- Frozen – at the Hyperion Theater
- Grizzly River Run
- Splash pad near the Little Mermaid attraction (for kids)
There are more attractions but these are a few.
This is also a great time to go shopping. Even if it is just window shopping Disneyland has some of the best merchandise. This is a fun way to stay cool.
6) Use Max Pass and mobile ordering– Max Pass is only $10 per day. This will save you time from having to stand in the heat to wait for your next ride.
For more on Disney Max Pass click here .
Along with Max pass I would also recommend Mobile ordering. This is a great feature. No having to wait in long lines for your food. These two great options will save you time over all.
7) Grab your favorite frozen treat – This is a great time to grab that Mickey shaped ice cream bar, frozen slush, dole whip, soft serve or whatever it is you enjoy on a hot summer day.
8) Dining – Enjoy some indoor eats.
- Carnation Cafe
- Blue Bayou
- Cafe Orleans
- Plaza Inn
- Red Rose Tavern
- The Golden Horseshoe
- Pizza Port
Disney California Adventure
- Flo’s V8
- Carthay Circle
- Lamplight Lounge
- Smokejumpers Grill
9) Dress properly – I would recommend comfortable clothing that is breathable such as this fun top found at World of Disney. You can pair this with some shorts and your good to go.
These are all the tips I have for you to be the heat like a pro! Leave a comment and tell me what you do to beat the heat while visiting Disneyland.
As always, thank you for stopping by.