Heading to the Happiest Place on earth with rain in the forecast? This is California! It doesn’t rain here 🙂 As long as you’re prepared it can be a great time. Short wait times, great photo ops, and just plain ole fun in the rain.
On the rare occasion that it does rain during your visit, here are some tips and tricks for you while visiting the parks.
First the obvious:
1) Pack a rain coat or a poncho – I prefer these over an umbrella. Less to carry and you wont have to worry about poking someone’s eye out 🙂
2) Waterproof shoes – Time to bring out those rain boots that have been in the closet for a while and put them to some use. There’s nothing worse than walking around the parks with wet feet. You will be there for long hours and will want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible.
3) Waterproof phone/camera case – You’re definitely going to want to capture all those amazing shots in the rain. But if your phone or camera gets wet and it’s not waterproof then guess what? It starts acting up. Then you’ll have to wait for it to dry to start using it again. Who has time for that? 🙂
4) Take advantage of the photo pass opportunities that Disney offers – I’ve seen the fun life saver prop. It’s the perfect fun photo opportunity for you and your family.
5) Take all those wonderful pictures in the rain- You’ll want proof of the amazing day you had!
6) Take advantage of all the indoor attractions and activities – Please keep in mind that some attractions close due to the rain. However here are some that you CAN enjoy. Always check the Disneyland app for any updates.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- The Disney Gallery
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (one of my favorites)
- Haunted Mansion
- It’s a small world
- Main Street Cinema
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures
- Space Mountain
- Star Tours
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Indiana Jones
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Mickey & Minnie’s House
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Disney California Adventure
- Animation Academy
- The Bakery Tour
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Monsters Inc
- Sorcerer’s Workshop
- Toy Story Mania
- Turtle Talk with Crush
If you forget this entire list remember you can download the Disneyland app and filter the attractions section by indoor.
7) Restaurants – If there’s a downpour go grab a bite to eat and watch the rain from where you are sitting.
8) Last but not least shop shop shop 🙂 – This is a good time to take it indoors and look at all the wonderful merchandise Disney has to offer. Even if you don’t purchase something it is still fun to walk around and look at all the cool merch!
Those are all the tips and tricks I have for you to enjoy the parks on a rainy day. As long as you’re prepared and dressed properly you’ll have a great time!
Also keep in mind that this is California. It won’t rain all day.
Have a magical time! 🙂